Systems Engineer III | Houston, TX
The primary function of this role is the maintenance and upgrade of ITC Global’s IP and satellite network and maintenance and support of client VSAT, IP and Primarily IP telephony systems. Also, responsible for Managing Telecom circuits and vendor relationships.
Provides the planning, design, acquisition and implementation of the company’s communications system. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons. Performs traffic study analysis to determine the best configuration of systems in relation to telephony.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to Chad.Wicker@itcglobal.com.
- Monitor the operation of and respond to faults in the ITC Global VSAT network.
- Install and maintain client IP network hardware including ethernet switches, routers, PBXs, IP phones and GSM gateways.
- Systems administration and monitoring of IP PBXs, ITC NMS systems.
- Provide Level 3 support assistance for clients, as well as ITCs helpdesk support department.
- Maintain, upgrade and support ITC Global internal network system, i.e switch and IP telephone maintenance.
- Liaise with and maintain close relationships with vendors and clientele for support and feedback purposes.
- Work with engineers to document VSAT, IP and IP telephony system installations.
- Examine and Approve Telecom invoices.
- Monitor the performance of VoIP systems from a technical and financial standpoint.
- Display positive safety leadership
- Participate in safety training courses as required.
- Provides accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
- Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan, as required, with other departments.
- Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
- Provide a consistent communication path from engineering for problem resolution. Establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
- Strong knowledge of terrestrial technologies (T1, DS3, MetroEthernet, Layer 2, MPLS)
- Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- May supervise the activities of others.
- Proficient in the utilization of MS office suite.
- Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities while working independently and/or closely with peers with minimal supervision; capable of establishing work priorities.
- Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from internally, customers and other vendors on a technical level.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Education & Experience
- Typically requires 10 plus years of related experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or 8 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- Network equipment, routing or switching experience.
- Proven experience with Telecommunication and VoIP to deliver services over satellite systems.
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Chad.Wicker@itcglobal.com.