Service Delivery Manager | Aberdeen, UK
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) role oversees the operation of telecommunications services and related technical support to customers, in line with specific performance objectives in the areas of HSE, service quality, customer satisfaction and billing.
Acting as a single point of contact between the customer and ITC the SDM oversees and manages the delivery of services in line with client expectations and operational considerations and maintains a strong client relationship.
The SDM will work with the sales and project management teams to manage delivery of new client services, and then assume responsibility for the service through its operational lifecycle, including service maintenance, incident management, service reporting and service change related activities.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to Christine.Stott@itcglobal.com.
- Employ industry best practices for systems, processes and procedures, and work closely with functional groups in the delivery and support of satellite connectivity services.
- Act as a single point of contact and operational escalation point for customers, management, staff, contractors, and vendors concerning the delivery and support of satellite connectivity services, with escalation to management as required.
- Maintain service availability and performance in line with SLAs by ensuring internal technical functions provide effective change and incident management support.
- Manage customer needs effectively, both at escalation and non-escalation periods.
- Update the customer on all service-related progress or issues, working closely with the program team to present a common message.
- Ensure that KPI’s listed in the relevant SLA’s are achieved and customer expectations for HSE compliance, service quality, customer and end user satisfaction are exceeded.
- Understand and effectively manage contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Manage service changes, directly or with a project manager, i.e. installations, bandwidth upgrades, beam transitions, demobilizations etc, and ensure handover of appropriate service documentation.
- Coordinate with internal functional teams and customer on parts and field service dispatch activity
- Manage and track spare equipment, repair, and replenishment.
- Effectively collaborate and gain alignment with various internal and external teams with differing focus and priorities
- Perform proactive availability, performance, and trend analysis.
- Facilitate periodic (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) service quality review meetings with customers covering incident tickets, fault trends, performance reports, service or support improvements.
- Create reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including a monthly service availability report.
- Plan and coordinate periodic service preventive maintenance activities.
- Manage service billing activities by providing service details to the billing team for ad-hoc or MRC invoicing.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with company HSE policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Professional Skills
- Associates and/or bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years of experience.
- Exposure to formalized training in accounting and/or business preferred.
- Experience in a technical role, preferred in Satellite, Terrestrial, Maritime or telecommunication.
- Strong understanding of customer base and industry, particularly Energy, Maritime and Telecommunications.
- Ability to adapt to new and emerging communications technologies and philosophies.
- Communicates clearly, both verbally and written. Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Strong negotiation skills
- Collaborates / Alignment with teams with different focus and priorities.
- Strong organization, tracking, follow-up, and analytical skills
- Requires understanding and management of contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Broad knowledge of digital Terrestrial Networks, Satellite Network Architectures and VSAT platforms.
- Understanding of basic concepts of IP networking, VOIP and QoS
- Solid PC skills including usage of the full MS Office Suite and Microsoft Project is required.
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Christine.Stott@itcglobal.com.