Senior Network Engineer Energy & Mining | Houston, US
The primary responsibility of the Network Engineer will be to analyse, design, install, configure, implement, maintain and support custom solutions for ITC Customers. The Customer Engineering department provides the technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide superior technical support that benefits customers.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com.
- Contributes to developing customer-facing solutions in coordination with Sales and Sales Engineers.
- Assist Sales as a technical resource when attending client meetings with possible presenting.
- Work with the Engineering and global NOC, ensuring the proposed solution is valid and supportable.
- Ensure that all engineering parameters, needs, and client requirements are fulfilled on time.
- Assist in the development of a data and voice (VoIP) strategy that will provide carrier-grade data and telephony services over satellite, LTE, Fibre, MetroE, VPLS, MPLS, or other WAN technologies.
- Collaborate with other Network Engineers around the globe in the design and deployment of new services and/or enhancements to existing voice services.
- Assist in the development/refinement of the overall network security strategy and design.
- Design and deploy services derived from the network and not tied to a single facility or contain a single point of failure.
- Work with third-party vendors, manufacturers, and partners as needed for project delivery, solutions development, or troubleshooting.
- Document all designs and necessary information for support teams.
- Oversee/own and resolve complex technical issues with satellite and other WAN and LAN operations.
- Project manage technical issue resolutions that require cross-functional teamwork.
- Provide Level 3 (high-level) technical support to the Network Operations Center.
- Assist with developing solutions on new satellite technologies including Starlink, O3b and OneWeb
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Qualifications & Professional skills
- Fortinet certifications are desirable: FCA/FCP.
- Cisco certifications are desirable: CCNA/CCNP or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- GVF certifications are desirable.
- At least three years of hands-on network configuration and troubleshooting experience is necessary.
- Has a basic understanding of RF Technologies (Link budget analysis, antenna theory and design, BUC/LNB, LTE).
- Previous experience with VSAT systems is favourable (iDirect, Comtech, Newtec, Intellian, Seatel).
- Has proven ability and experience in troubleshooting network and application protocols.
- Has proficiency on network platforms, including Cisco devices (routers, switches, ASAs, CMEs), Palo Alto, Fortinet, VoIP (SIP and CME based) and basic Linux understanding.
- Experience and hands-on knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP) and switching (STP, etherchannels).
- Experience with WAN technologies (MPLS, VPLS, Frame-Relay, SD-WAN).
- A collaborative team player who can work independently and with minimum supervision.
- A detail-oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organisations.
Main attitude and Competencies
- Highly motivated with a positive approach to all tasks.
- Ability to work effectively within all levels internal and external.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.