Satellite Communications Apprentice | Aberdeen, UK
Once trained you will be expected to work to ITC’s high standards at remote locations in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and at times in other regions. Reporting directly to the Field Service Manager and working under the direct supervision of Apprentice Mentor’s and Qualified Technicians the trainee will be trained in all aspects of a VSAT system in the Energy, Maritime, NGO and Mining industry. The Field Service Department is constantly on standby to deploy and as such the trainee will need to have the ability to work flexibly in a challenging environment.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to Christine.Stott@itcglobal.com.
Initial Procedures training
Gain experience and operational understanding in the following departments:
UK Field Services:
- Global VSAT Forum training
- Build & test
- HSE training, including basic offshore certificates & working at height.
- Client specific HSE & induction Training
- ITC Documentation
- Basic understanding of client’s system setup
- Network infrastructure & basic network configuration.
- VISIO Drawing
- Job Set up/Close out
General Training | On-the-job training
The trainee will be instructed & trained on the VSAT services ITC Supply, Support & Install. Initially the trainee will work closely with the Build & Test team to understand the equipment ITC use and deploy in the field. They will be shown how to install, commission & repair, thus gaining knowledge on VSAT Systems & VSAT Fundamentals.
Once they have completed BOSIET training and have a valid offshore medical they will have the opportunity to assist technicians in the field. They will gain a broader knowledge for the role and experience first hand what the expectations of an ITC technician are and how we interact with the client to deliver the best service possible.
ITC In House & On-Site Training
By the end of their 4-year apprenticeship there will be a checklist completed to demonstrate in conjunction with the training provider, periodic assessment set up & commissioning of a VSAT system. Including online training to demonstrate VSAT Fundamentals before advancing to antenna-specific training which will include but not limited to:
- Intellian Antennas, V100, V130, V240K/C, V240M
- Seatel Antennas
- Spacetrack Antennas
- Fixed Antennas
Followed by a HOST Exam. There will be additional assessments during their 4-year Apprenticeship thus increasing their VSAT knowledge on a regular basis.
The First 2 years of the apprenticeship will be a block release to the training centre to complete the NVQ Electrical Engineering course. At the company’s discretion there may be further training to complete the HNC Course during years 3 & 4.
Qualifications & Professional Skills
- Preferably one-year college experience in a related subject, electrical or electronics.
- At least 5 GCSE’s 2 of which must exceed “C” grade.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid time and attendance record.
- Self-motivated, well organized & forward thinking with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible and willing to assist the team in any capacity.
- Be able to demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn.
- Computer Literate.
- Good communication skills.
- An interest in the VSAT industry would be advantageous.
- Basic understanding of the Energy & Maritime industry is desirable.
- Good level of fitness.
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Christine.Stott@itcglobal.com.