NOC Technician I | Houston, TX
Primary function of the NOC Technician I is to provide real-time service and user support for VSAT Customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries that use our remote-based technology systems. Incumbents monitor and manage the IT infrastructure and proactively addresses network issues as they are discovered and, ideally, do not wait for notification by the client. The NOC Technician I performs troubleshooting, escalates problems when appropriate, and communicates service interruption information as needed.
To be successful in this role, incumbents must be able to quickly resolve Tier 1 issues with the client in a high quality manner, or is able to reasonably elevate issues to Tier 2 as deemed appropriate and in an efficient manner.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Monitoring the Network
- Monitor Network Monitor System(s) for faults and alerts and respond to problems according to provided documented procedures.
- Open, update, and close Trouble Tickets, including information in the Accounting, Equipment, Document Area, Contact Information, and Assets tabs as needed.
- Provide timely and detailed documentation in ticket system.
- Create, respond, and escalate tickets as necessary to the proper support groups.
- May function as initial responder within the NOC in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving gateway and remote problems.
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System.
- Ensure compliance with system procedures.
- Maintain current IP network and satellite hardware.
- Support internal network system, i.e printer setup, NAS configuration, switch and IP telephone
- Document and testing of VSAT, IP and IP telephony system installations as required.
- Report incidents and hazards.
- Assist in the resolution of support issues to decrease downtime and to bring about high levels of satisfaction to each customer.
- May act as technical liaison between the customer, service providers, and management in order to ensure proper service levels are being met.
- May work with service providers and with management to ensure resolution of escalated technical problems.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support for production systems, services & infrastructure
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work
- Network equipment, routing or switching experience
- Exceptional customer service skills driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call and in remote and harsh environments.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional/global and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
Education & Experience
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience. (In U.S., Associates Degree in IT, Telecommunications, Communications is preferred or equivalent military education and experience.)
- 1 years of experience working in NOC/Call Center environment
- VSAT experience preferred.
- Networking experience preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs and pass a physical exam as required.
- Flexible work hours to support the department as needed.
- Approximately 20% travel required to Customer and ITC sites
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Christopher.Bachle@itcglobal.com.