Field Telecom Technician III | Perth, Australia
Under supervision responsible for equipment installation, maintenance and updating supporting the remote communications needs of our customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries. Specifically includes fixed and stabilized VSAT systems and networking devices.
This position requires land and offshore travel, international travel, frequent overnight stays and the ability to perform to a high standard in stressful situations.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to Andy.Chalk@itcglobal.com.
- Assembly, installation and troubleshooting of fixed and Auto-Acquire VSAT systems.
- Complete all job documentation and paperwork in a timely fashion (one week).
- Compliance with mandatory company procedures.
- May work on pre-commissioning Build & Test in workshop environment.
- Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of remote subscriber equipment to include but not limited to:
- Wireless access points and VOIP phones.
- Antenna Control Units
- Satellite modems
- RF Equipment
- UPS Systems
- Solar Power Systems
- Basic telecom duties include use of BER Testers and spectrum analyzers, wiring of in-house telecom circuits and repair of in-house telecom equipment.
- Provide day to day preventative maintenance and repair of VSAT hardware.
- Test, program, and repair of basic land mobile communications equipment.
- Participate in providing technical support to/follow up with customers.
- Participate in providing remote customer support as needed.
- Ability to travel via vessel, airplane and helicopter in support of our customers.
- Maintain company vehicles according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Prepare and dispatch equipment and hardware to sites prior to installation, as needed.
- Complete all plans, diagrams and procedures related to installations including the as-built documentation.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day to day work flow. Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
- Conducting safety/toolbox meetings
- Ensure compliance with system procedures
- Facilitate/conduct risk assessments (JHAs)
- Report incidents and hazards
- Participate in incident investigations.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree in IT, Telecommunications, Communications or 5+ years of relevant work experience. Commensurate military experience may be acceptable.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Onshore/Offshore remote communications industry is preferred.
- Proven experience and/or classroom training with satellite communications fundamentals, VSAT, antenna RF systems/sub-systems and fixed antenna systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiar with RF Spectrum Analyzers and RF theory is preferred.
- Training in IP routing, switching, security and VOIP is preferred.
- SafeGulf and SEMS certifications preferred but not mandatory.
- Displays the ability to deliver exceptional customer service; driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call and in remote and harsh environments.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional/global and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50lbs and pass a physical exam as required.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Understanding cultural sensitivities in the areas of work and develop and enhancing proficiencies.
- Awareness of manual Handling requirements and legal requirements.
- To develop cabling, electrical + RF skills, demonstrable through site installations.
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Andy.Chalk@itcglobal.com.