Build & Test Technician | Harahan, LA
As Build & Test Technician, the qualified candidate will be responsible in the support of building, integrating and testing of remote VSAT communications systems and services we provide to our customers in the Energy, Mining and Maritime industries.
The Build & Test Technician works closely with the Engineering and Operations teams in the preparation of RF, VSAT, Routing / Switching and voice equipment in support of deployment to customer sites.
- Assembly of .80 to 3.8m fixed, stabilized and Auto-Acquire VSAT systems.
Configuration of remote subscriber equipment to include but not limited to:
- Cisco routers, switches, wireless access points and VoIP phones
- Antenna Control Units
- Satellite modems
- RF Equipment
- UPS Systems
- Solar Power Systems
- Basic telecom duties include use of BER Testers and spectrum analyzers, wiring of in-house telecom circuits and repair of in-house telecom equipment.
- Provide day-to-day preventative maintenance and repair of VSAT Trailer units.
- Proficiency with use of engineering drawings for installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Update testing documentation to include the FAT Book, Service Request Form and Site Card.
- Test, program and repair of basic land mobile communications equipment.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Development teams in the review and testing of new VSAT hardware and technology.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day-to-day workflow.
- Provide technical support to customers, Field Technicians and NOC.
- Provide RMA (Return Materials Authorization) Repair and maintenance support on various communications hardware.
- Works closely with Supply Chain on equipment tracking and rental asset management.
- Prior experience supporting energy services Onshore/Offshore and/or production operations strongly desired.
- Strong RF experience with Ku/C-Band frequency range and associated use of RF Spectrum Analyzers.
- Hands on experience with SeaTel, Intellian, AVL antenna systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SCPC, TDMA, Mesh satellite technologies.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines. Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem-solving skills a must.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours as needed, and the ability to work independently.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional and virtual team across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
- Associates degree preferred or military background in Communications/Technology industry.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in Onshore/Offshore O&G.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime if required.
- Must have the manual dexterity to utilize various types of hand tools.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens. ITC Global maintains a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
- 10% or less travel required.