Build & Test Technician | Harahan, LA
As Build & Test Technician, the qualified candidate will be responsible for the support of building, integrating and testing of remote VSAT communications systems and services we provide to our customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries.
The Build & Test Technician works closely with Engineering and Operations teams in the preparation of RF, VSAT, Routing/Switching and voice equipment in support of deployment to customer sites.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to William.Purvis@itcglobal.com
Build & Test Department (55%)
- Assembly, configuration and testing of .80 to 3.8m fixed, stabilized and Auto-Acquire VSAT systems.
- Manage the Build & Test team workflow.
- Ability to train junior technicians and Filed Engineers on specific hardware and technology deployed to customer sites.
- Ability to travel and work according to a changing schedule.
- Review Build and Test documentation for accuracy and completeness before submitting to the Project Manager.
- Provide technical support to customers, Field Technicians, & NOC.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day to day work flow.
- Update and distribute Weekly Readiness Report to internal ITC Global teams.
- Works closely with Supply Chain on equipment tracking and rental asset management.
Buildout, Configuration & Testing of VSAT Systems (25%)
- Configuration and testing remote subscriber equipment to include but not limited to:
- Cisco routers, switches, wireless access points and VOIP phones.
- Antenna Control Units
- Satellite modems
- RF Equipment
- UPS Systems
- Solar Power Systems
- Basic telecom duties include use of BER Testers and spectrum analyzers, wiring of in-house telecom circuits and repair of in-house telecom equipment.
- Provide day to day preventative maintenance and repair of VSAT Trailer units.
- Provide RMA (Return Materials Authorization) Repair and maintenance support on various communications hardware.
- Proficiency with use of engineering drawings for installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Test, program, and repair of basic land mobile communications equipment.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Development teams in the review and testing of new VSAT hardware and technology.
Support Field Services Operations (20%)
- Identify and compile Bills of Material (BOM).
- Configuration and testing of equipment returned from customer site ensuring equipment is ready to be deployed at short notice.
- Return Materials Authorisation(RMA) co-ordination within and out with the region.
- Assist Field Service with on-call duties.
- General workshop duties.
Knowledge & Professional Skills
- Prior experience supporting energy services Onshore/Offshore and/or production operations strongly desired.
- Strong RF experience with KU/C-Band frequency range and associated use of RF Spectrum Analyzers.
- Hands on experience with SeaTel, Intellian, AVL antenna systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SCPC, TDMA, Mesh satellite technologies.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines. Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills a must.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours as needed, and the ability to work independently.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
- Demonstrated ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree preferred or military background in Communications/Technology industry.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Onshore/Offshore O&G.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime if required.
- Must have the manual dexterity to utilize various types of hand tools.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens. ITC Global maintains a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
- 30% or less travel required.
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to William.Purvis@itcglobal.com.