Network Engineer II | Perth, Australia
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Accountant will be to support the Perth finance team assisting with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general administration activities.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to Vic.Wong@itcglobal.com.
Billing / Accounts Receivable
- Ensure timely and accurate billings including reconciling final invoices against signed contracts, to confirm all project monthly activities are properly represented on the invoices
- Organize invoice information and back-up documents per the specifications of the company’s clients, as required by each client
- Automated invoice creation and contract set up in Microsoft Great Plains ERP system
- Analyse aging debtors and debt collection from customers on outstanding invoices
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts payables’ data
- Preparation of electronic transfers and payments
- Assist with reconciling the bank and accounts payable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify any vendor account discrepancies and resolve supplier’s billing issues
- Provide remittances and payment reports to those who request them
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
- Conduct, attend and actively participate in safety and safety toolbox meetings as required.
- Report incidents and hazards.
- Participate in incident investigations.
General Administration and Accounting Support
- Weekly banking reconciliation
- Month end and year end reporting
- Assistance in gathering data and information for tax returns, statutory audits and internal audits
- Manage and file sales contracts
- Maintain vendor files
- Providing general administrative support to Sales
- Providing general administrative support to Operations
- Additional ad hoc activities as requested by direct report manager
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage time in accordance with department and client deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, reading comprehension and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and coordination skills
- Teamwork and cooperation in an international and multicultural environment, working with local and remote teams
- Autonomy and initiative to propose and lead his/her projects
- Willingness to learn. High level of self-awareness to identify own gap of competencies/knowledge and ability to self-learn
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience and knowledge of using Microsoft Great Plains
Education & Experience
- Tertiary accounting qualification
- CPA qualification or working towards it is advantageous
- At least 3 years of practical, general accounting experience in similar roles
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Vic.Wong@itcglobal.com.