AR Accountant | Aberdeen, UK
The Billing Accountant is a visible position responsible for collaborating with operations, sales and finance departments to prepare monthly and project based invoices to present to customers. The Billing Accountant keep customers informed of the status of their invoices, payments due and processes involved. Provides administrative support to both Regional Operations and Finance functions.
Interested? Send your CV & Cover Letter to Melanie.Reid@itcglobal.com.
- Ensures timely and accurate billings including reconciling final invoices against signed contracts to confirm all project and monthly activities are properly represented on the invoices.
- Organizes invoice information and back-up documents per the specifications of the company’s clients, as required by each client.
- Performs automated invoice creation and contract set up in company ERP.
- Assists in month-end closing activities for the company’s accounting department.
- Maintains company ERP with current contracts.
Accounts Receivable Collection (30%)
- Proactively drives collection of Accounts Receivable including direct communication with payables departments of the company’s customer.
- Coordinating with account managers for communication regarding past due amounts, etc.
- Provides cash collection reports in accordance with Finance timetable.
General accounting support (20%)
- Supports the finance team with the SOX compliance.
- Manages and files the sales contracts.
- Provides back-up to the AP team.
- Provides general administrative support to Sales.
- Provides general administrative support to Operations.
- Additional ad hoc activities requested by manager.
- Respects and complies with internal HSE procedures.
- Proven experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience.
- Excellent planning, organizational and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time in accordance with department and client deadlines.
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and telephone skills.
- IT proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work and requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Teamwork and cooperation in an international and multicultural environment, working with local and remote teams.
- Autonomy and initiative to propose and lead his/her own projects.
- Willingness to learn. High level of self-awareness to identify own gap of competences/knowledge and ability to self-learn.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of practical experience in a similar position
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics desirable
Interested? Send us your CV & Cover Letter to Melanie.Reid@itcglobal.com.