Youth with a Mission (YWAM) operates a medical mission ship based in Queensland, Australia. This all-volunteer vessel is staffed by medical professionals dedicated to improving health in the Papua New Guinea region, and brings desperately needed medical services and supplies to local populations. YWAM relies on ITC Global for seamless communications at anchor or in transit in order to successfully conduct their missions.
Supporting the Mission
Seamless satellite communications at anchor or in transit in order to successfully conduct missions.
- Broadband connectivity and VSAT services to support 150 volunteer doctors, dentists, nurses, captain, and general staff spending months at a time traveling around the PNG coastline visiting remote villages where they are often the only source of medical services
- Improved network design, including the installation of a new VSAT antenna system on the vessel to deliver reliable connectivity service
- Flexible solution that enabled YWAM to better manage budgetary constraints
- Reliable communications services delivered to the ship as it’s anchored near remote villages where staff is often the only source of medical services for a community
- Future service provision for a second vessel in the YWAM fleet